Using Images from this site
Many of the images in the Images section of the website are accompanied by this symbol. It indicates that they are published under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike Unported License. You are free to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt these images under the conditions set out in the licence.
- The terms of the licence for each image can be found by clicking on the Creative Commons symbol accompanying that image.
- The terms of the Licence include a requirement that you "attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work)."
- If you publish an image covered by this Licence on the web, please include a link to Himalaya Masala: http://www.himalayamasala.com, or to http://www.himalayamasala.com/images, or to the page on Himalaya Masala where you found the image. The link should be placed close to the image and should be clearly associated with it. This will be considered as satisfactory attribution under the terms of the licence.
- When submitting to a website, pasting in the HTML code for the Creative Commons licence won't necessarily cause the required link to Himalaya Masala to appear. This is because many websites and blogs that permit submissions from users will automatically strip out the tags containing the link. If in doubt, add the link to Himalaya Masala manually. It's your responsibility to make sure a link is shown.
- If you use an image covered by this Licence in a print publication, please include a reference to this website. This will be considered as satisfactory attribution under the terms of the licence.
- For usage not covered by the licence (eg commercial use), please contact HimalayaMasala.
- The licence applies strictly to the individual image with which it is associated. It does not apply to background images and other imagery and visual elements appearing elsewhere on the website, or on the web page on which the licensed image and/or the licence appears. All reproduction of such imagery is prohibited.
- Many of the images used in the Ascents section of the website are published with the explicit permission of the copyright holder and may not be used elsewhere without the copyright holder's permission. If they are published under a licence permitting some forms of free use (eg a Creative Commons licence), an indication of this will normally be provided.
- Nothing here affects the rights of anyone other than HimalayaMasala whose images are published on this website. Ownership of such images will usually be indicated near the image. If in doubt, contact HimalayaMasala.